Google

Monday, December 31, 2007

Training Day

I'm working it out these days. I've dumped my TiVo for some much needed love and attention on the thighs, abs, & arms. Yes ladies & gentlemen, I have become a gym addict. I've picked up the frequency on the eve of 2007 as I'm preparing myself for a more in shape and toned 20-something year old.

According to this article on LifeFitness (the gym trendsetter), diet can't do it alone! I really like what they had to say:
  • It's not just cutting calories. Eating less, or cutting back on fat in your diet, won't keep the weight off. What you really need to do is strike a good balance between the number of calories you consume and the number you burn. And the only way to do that is to exercise.
    Don't groan! By exercising, you can lose weight while you eat more calories than if you simply went on a diet. Regular physical activity is much more effective at keeping the weight off in the long run than any diet.
Where did this new attitude come from? I think it was born while shopping for clothes during the holiday break and slowly realizing that my waist line had become extinct. It appears my waist line is this new waist accessory that I can't seem to take off the traditional way. Missing breakfast isn't cutting it for the late 20-somethings. My metabolic rate has slowed down to residential speed and I've gained weight in all the wrong places. So I decided to not only cut back on the calorie in-take and bread fest, but I'd also speed up my activity level. I mean let's face it, I can only burn so many calories with the "significant other".




No comments: