Google

Sunday, March 9, 2008

iGreen

The Incredible Hulk wouldn't feel like the odd-ball in the new wave of an environmentally-friendly buying conscious. I knew we'd struck Green when, while shopping at Wal-Mart, I witnessed the Green movement! Placing my items on the conveyor belt, a couple before me were already supplied with reusable shopping bags. They proudly told the cashier, "We don't use plastic bags." The cashier seemed to be unfamiliar with the new "green" option, but bagged their groceries anyway, unmoved by the couples' pro-global choice. I, on the other hand, gave the couple a pleasing nod, and couldn't help the remorse I felt as my groceries were bagged in those hazardous, polyethylene, plastic bags. So, what did I do? What I normally do when I want to know more, get on the World Wide Web and find ways that I can be apart of the Green Team!



One of my friends had this bag as one of their MySpace wallpapers. After clicking here and there, I found this fashionable, linen-and-cotton shopping bag at Vivre.com for only $28!



Organic style. An online eco-boutique, where everything from flowers to pet stuff to clothes, keep the environment in mind! Most of their clothing is made from organic cotton. What's the deal with organic cotton? Organic cotton is made from 100% organic cotton growth. That means, no pesticides or agricultural chemicals. It's whitened naturally with hydrogen peroxide instead of toxic chemicals!


The Hybrid Car. If you're like me, you're wondering, "Why would I purchase a hybrid car? And what is it?!" Of course I'm a fan of foreign cars, domestic in some cases, but in the light of booming gas prices, I'm looking for the next car that's going to give me more miles for the gallon. So how do they work? They are a combination of fuel and electric and require a battery replacement at about 80,000 miles to keep the car running another 80,000. Wow! Sounds amazing huh? Well, the only thing that kinda turns me off is the fact that the battery costs anywhere from $5,000 to $8,000!!! Also, hybrid cars cost more than our gas-guzzlers and don't accel to those zooming, police-chase speeds! But, if you're willing to pay more, in an effort to help our fragile Earth, then get the keys to a hybrid!



No comments: