Google

Monday, January 28, 2008

Can't Live With Them or Without Them?


Today I awoke with an all too familiar feeling. My tonsils felt like icicles had formed at their tip and had inflated to the size of mini-balls. I know that was a very crass example, but you get the picture right? Then the sinuses, if anybody can relate to the pressure at the bridge of your nose, the constant mucus leak that drips on the most inopportune moments, always seems to accompany my swollen tonsils.

So...what's the diagnosis or the predator that holds my sinuses and tonsils hostage? Well, it could be that new perfumed lotion and spray set my Mom just purchased from Sephora. It has a beautiful almond scent, but I think it's too airy and has gotten down into my respiratory system...hence, an allergic reaction! I'm very sensitive to smells. I have to practically beg my kids not to wear cheap-dollar-tree parfums. For some reason they think a spray of Wild Musk can form a barrier around funky underarms! NOT! Then there's this new Febreze air freshener plug-in I just purchased. While it can attack the killer scents of after recess & P.E., you know...lack of bath and shower, little girls not fully understanding the necessity of cleaning the feminine parts when they sweat, and just pure genetic funk, it's having a ball on my respiratory system. But I'm making myself suffer, because to smell the displeasing offensive odor of some kids is like living at the landfill & paper mill, all-in-one!

I know what it is....a sinus infection! And there's really nothing I can do but either get an antibiotic, which I would opt not to do since too many antibiotics will make your immune system build up a resistance. I could go and purchase some over-the-counter sinus medication, but damn, the good stuff is like paying for the real-deal from your doctor! The best thing for me to do is either...opt for a tonsillectomy, which is really what's bothering me at the moment! I can't even swallow my food without wanting to gag! Or, take the damn air fresheners and my mother's perfume and throw it in the nearest dumpster.

Somebody....please help!

No comments: