Google

Monday, January 21, 2008

iVanka

Ivanka Trump, Donald Trump's daughter.

People like this come with a side of envy. I mean you can't help but say "Damn!....why didn't I get picked to be born into a family that's that rich!" Think about it, to no effort of her own, Ivanka was born into a legacy of wealth, status, and luxury. Not only that, she looks like beauty in milk-ivory skin. You would only hope to learn that she's a druggie, a black sheep, a diva or a b*tch...but, fortunately, she's none of those things. She's a very humble girl, and she appreciates everything that she has. I watched her on a recent Oprah interview and she spoke with an age-old wisdom that you normally don't find in her age group. She reported how her father made her work for everything and always reminded her that their silver spoon was paid for with his own hardwork and business ethic! She had to work just as hard to get her own silver spoon. Well let's just say now, she's buying platinum flatware.
She used to model and gave up the runway for the office with the city view. She's the Vice President of Real Estate Development at the Trump Organization, launching her own fine jewelry line, and owns property in NYC, Vegas & Miami. I'm inspired by her desire to make a name for herself. She's privileged, but at least she knows it. She even used the word "blessed" during the interview. Typical of our popular society, she's constantly compared to Paris Hilton...but here's what she had to say about that:
"I think we are totally different individuals," Trump said. "If I were to go off the rails and become this party kid, I would not be able to afford my lifestyle. I've never had a sense of entitlement. I saw how hard my father worked for his money and it was always made very clear to me that things wouldn't just be given to me."
High-Five Ivanka! (can you slip me a few c-note$ though?)

1 comment:

Elle said...

I like this girl!