Google

Sunday, January 27, 2008

Water Connoisseur

Wouldn't you know, a decade ago the bottled water propaganda paid off and became the new accessory! Who would believe the hype of bottling free water back in the 70s, would become a million dollar industry today? When I was younger, bottled water was an unnecessary luxury. Now, I'm Miss Water Works...carrying the latest H20 in my handbag! I even have a Sam Club's supply in the trunk of my car! So what are my favorites...




VOSS = Luxury water. The sleek design is enough to make me WET! My lips that is! It's real smooth going down and looks ever-so-sexy when you're putting it to your lips. If you're trying to go sober at the club, ask for a bottle of this...people will think VOSS is a new Vodka!






Fiji water was my first Artesian-brand water bottle. It tastes good, especially when it's chilled, quite refreshing and thirst-quenching. I was first introduced to Fiji water when I'd sit in Barnes & Noble's cafe reading, along with the rest of the bookworms, and nibbling from the Cheesecake Factory kiosk. A fashion magazine, a slice of cheesecake, and Fiji water would be this urban fashionista's creme de la creme!


A news station had the nerve to report that Aquafina does not come from a spring! Well, news-flash, Aquafina is purified water! Not spring water! That goes to show that not everything the news chooses to report is the actual truth. If I were not a fan of Aquafina I may have gasped. But as a Aquafina toting sista, I'm offended at the media's lack of research. It is clearly printed "purified water". Nonetheless, the media hype didn't thwart my pocketbook to purchase Deer Park, which I don't really care for by the way. I'm an Aqua-feen for life!




I'm not a Vitamin Water groupie. It's okay. But it's a great idea for those of us who do better with drinking vitamins, as opposed to taking vitamin pills. I like the variety of flavors, but more importantly, 50 cent is part owner. Contrary to popular belief, he didn't invent it, Glaceau did. He just put up the money and took part ownership in the company that Coca-Cola recently bought for a cool $4.1 billion. Now, isn't that something to think about! 50 cent is definitely worth more than 2 quarters!

1 comment:

Elle said...

I am ALL about some bottled water! My favorite brand is whatever I can get when I go grocery shopping at my parents house...but I must say I'm partial to Figi.